Are you eligible to claim Free School Meals for your child / children?
For each child who is eligible for a Free School Meal and applies to the school to take this allowance, there is additional funding of £935 allocated to the school in the form of Pupil Premium. With budgets being ever reduced, it is really important that we attract as much funding as possible into the school to ensure that we are able to maintain a sufficient level of budget.
Your child is entitled to Free School Meals if you are in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA(IB))
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA(IR)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), provided you do not also receive Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit “run-on” – the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guarantee Credit element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Applying for Free School Meals is really simple. Download the Application Form below which needs to be completed, signed and returned to the school along with proof of your National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number.
If you think that your child/children may be eligible for Free School Meals, please complete the application form and return it to Student Services at the school as soon as possible.
Download the Free Schools Meals Application Form HERE