As you are aware, Covid-19 has changed the way schools are working and this means that there will be no Year 6 day or Parent Evening in July. Instead, our transition team are working hard to liaise with primary schools in order to gather information and arrange communication with your child at some time after half term, so there is an opportunity to ask lots of questions and find out about the school. A transition booklet has been designed for your child to complete during this term in order to help prepare him or her for starting secondary school. You will find the links below and I would encourage you to follow this link to the Year 6 information video, which the transition team have put together and which will help with the completion of the booklet. There will also be a video briefing for parents available from 1 July, to replace the parent briefing which should have taken place in school. We know that the move to secondary school is a very exciting, but also a worrying, time for students. I can assure you that your child will still have an Induction day and all the support that is usually available will be in place, however this will not now take place until the new academic year begins in September.
We will confirm arrangements for September as soon as the joint planning amongst Peterborough Secondary schools for this is complete.
You should have received a Transition pack in the post containing the following but you can download extras here if you need them:
- Transition Booklet (Click HERE)
- Parent information booklet, which will answer many of the practical questions you have (Click HERE)
- Enrolment form to be completed and returned to school by 30th June (Click HERE)
- Biometrics Consent form (Click HERE)
- Free School Meal Application (Click HERE)
- Schoolcomms: Communicating with school (Click HERE)
- Privacy Notice(Click HERE)
- School uniform price list and information (Click HERE)
We hope to be sending out more information at the beginning of July.
If you have any questions about this process then please contact the school on 01733 343646 or Enquiries@stjohnfisherschool.org.uk.